Updated: March 1, 2014
Mortgage Research Center, LLC is not endorsed or sponsored by the Department of Veterans Affairs or any government agency.
We Respect Your Privacy
Your privacy matters to us and we recognize the importance of keeping your information secure. Below, you will find details about our privacy policies and how your information is used.
We Use Information You Provide to Help You with the Loan Process
What We CollectWe collect two types of information through this site: Personal and Non-Personal.
- We collect some Personal Information including your name, address, phone number, and email address that you submit to us when you inquire about the loans we provide. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons Mortgage Research Center, LLC chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
- Social Security Number
- Credit History
- Credit Scores
- Employment Information
|Reasons we can share your personal information
||Does Mortgage Research Center, LLC share?
||Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes - such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), responds to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
||We Don't Share
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
||We Don't Share
|For our affiliates to market to you
|For nonaffiliates to market to you
||We Don't Share
How does Mortgage Research Center, LLC collect my personal information?We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
- Apply for a loan
- Give us your income information
- Provide employment information or show your government-issued ID
- Provide your mortgage information
How can I limit sharing of my personal information?Call 1-800-884-5560, our menu will prompt you through your choices. Please note: If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Why can't I limit all sharing?Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
State Laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
- AffiliatesCompanies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Mortgage Research Center, LLC may share personal information with our affiliates; including, but not limited to Veterans United Realty and Military United Insurance, LLC.
- NonaffiliatesCompanies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Mortgage Research Center, LLC does not share personal information with nonaffiliates.
- Joint marketingA formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Mortgage Research Center, LLC does not jointly market.
Non-Personal InformationWe also collect Non-Personal information which includes, but is not limited to: your IP address, referral data, and the web pages you view while visiting our network of sites.
- We use this information to better accommodate and serve all visitors to our site.
- We keep this information confidential and will not disclose it to any third-party affiliates. We constantly review and improve our site based on the information provided by our visitors.
- We utilize "cookies" throughout our site to improve your experience and to help us understand our visitors' needs. A "cookie" is a small text file that contains your anonymous information and is transferred onto your computer where it is stored, and then allows the website administrator to identify your computer and learn about how you use our web site. A "cookie" will not allow a web site to learn any personally identifiable information, like your name or address, that you otherwise would have disclosed. We use cookie information to identify and correct errors on our site and to determine the popularity of pages and to provide you with an excellent resource for VA loans on the internet.
- We collect other site usage information via Google Analytics and Google's DoubleClick cookie to serve ads over time based on a user's prior visits to our website. You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Our tracking system will not track your activities on the site if your browser is set to "incognito," "private," "do not track," or similar setting. Learn more about private browsing or how to update your browser settings to a "private" mode here.
How We Use Your Submitted Information
- As a result of submitting your telephone number and your request to receive more information on a loan, you will receive a call from a Home Loan Specialist. We may contact you directly by phone and/or email as a result of your request, even if the number you supplied is on the National Do Not Call registry. If, however, after you have submitted your information to us and you no longer wish that we contact you at the phone numbers provided, you may instruct us to place you on our internal "do not call" list by calling us at 1-800-884-5560.
- You may choose what information to provide us. You may choose to withhold certain information, but this may affect your ability to use certain features of our website. We encourage consumers to disclose all pertinent information so we can provide a high level of customer service and offer the best products for you.
- Federal and state laws require us to maintain certain loan qualification forms for set periods of time. In order to comply, we may be unable to delete certain information from our systems once you supply it to us. We make significant efforts to protect this information.
- Mortgage Research Center, LLC may periodically send you complimentary materials including newsletters, commercial offers, instructional videos or other information if you choose to provide us an email address. By providing your email address or submitting a request for more information that includes your email address, you have opted to receive these materials from us. If you desire to stop receiving these materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific request.
- This site is intended for individuals age 18 and older. Children under the age of 13 should not use this site, and are expressly prohibited from using our services.
How We Share your Information
- With your express permission, Mortgage Research Center, LLC may share certain information with one or more of our trusted affiliates to aid with your homebuying process. Our affiliates include but are not limited to Veterans United Realty and Military United Insurance, LLC. All of our affiliates follow federal and/or state laws and regulations.
- We may be required to disclose certain personal information resulting from a properly served request from a federal or state law enforcement or other governmental agency as a result of a subpoena, court order, in order to exercise our legal rights, to protect our company or employees from threats or fraud, to protect us from legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. We may raise or waive any legal rights available to us. This information may also be disclosed in the event of a merger or sale of the company, an asset sale, or the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Once you submit your information to Mortgage Research Center, LLC it may not be retracted. You will be contacted by a representative after you submit a request through our site or an affiliate site.
- Pursuant to Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, you may "opt out" from dissemination of any of your non-public personal information collected by Mortgage Research Center, LLC. You will receive notice of this policy upon initiation of a customer relationship with us. Additionally, if the policy is amended, we will notify all current customers of the changes.
- If you maintain a customer relationship with Mortgage Research Center, LLC or its affiliates for a period longer than a year, you will also receive annual notice of your right to "opt out" in addition to the initial notice.
- Unless a consumer opts out, we may disclose any of the personal information that we collect from our customer or former customer to non-affiliated third party entities as permitted by federal and state law. If this policy is amended, customers will have an additional opportunity to opt out at the time the new policy is received.
- We comply with all relevant state and federal laws regarding the safeguarding of your personal information. Maintaining the security of your information is a top priority at Mortgage Research Center, LLC, so please contact us with any questions or concerns that you have regarding this policy.WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NON-PUBLIC PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW
- We restrict access to your stored non-public personal identifiable information to those employees that need to know this information in order to provide our services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations in order to guard your information against unauthorized access.
- To opt out, you should contact a Mortgage Research Center, LLC customer service representative by calling 1-800-884-5560 or by mailing a written request to our mailing address listed below. Please include in your request an indication of which information (either specific or all-inclusive) that you do not wish to be shared with any nonaffiliated third party entities.Please write to us at:
Mortgage Research Center, LLC
1400 Veterans United Drive
Columbia, MO 65203
Our Secure System Protects You
- We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of our customers' information. All information you submit is encrypted and secured by a 128-bit certificate, the same level the U.S. Department of Defense uses for communications involving secret classified data. This ensures no one can intercept the transmission of your personal data when in transit to our data centers.
- Once you have entrusted your data to us, Mortgage Research Center, LLC uses firewalls and layers of security systems to help protect your information when we store it. These systems are designed to protect our customers' information from potential hackers or others who may wish to inappropriately access your personal information. Only authorized employees have the ability to access your personal information, and they may only do so when helping serve your needs as our customer.
- We understand that online customers must be assured that their information will be kept secure, but understand that no system is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that your information will remain safe. You, as a consumer, should always safeguard your information and protect yourself from potential identity fraud. Rest assured that Mortgage Research Center, LLC does everything in its power to protect your privacy.
General Policy Provisions
Mortgage Research Center, LLC
1400 Veterans United Drive
Columbia, MO 65203
Mortgage Research Center, LLC (Last Updated: October 16, 2015)
See also: Disclaimers
See also: Copyright