Updated: July 25, 2017
Mortgage Research Center, LLC is not endorsed or sponsored by the Department of Veterans Affairs or any government agency.
We Respect Your Privacy
Your privacy matters to us and we recognize the importance of keeping your information secure. Below, you will find details about our privacy policies and how your information is used.
We Use Information You Provide to Help Connect You to a Lender.
What We Collect
We collect two types of information through this site: Personal and Non-Personal.
Personal information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, or account numbers.
We may use Personal Information to:
Non-Personal information includes, but is not limited to: your IP address, referral data, and the web pages you view while visiting our network of sites.
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Inform you about important information regarding the Site, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- Deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including ads or offers tailored to you;
- Personalize your experience on the Site;
- For business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- For risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- We use this information to better accommodate and serve all visitors to our site.
- We keep this information confidential and will not disclose it to any third-party affiliates. We constantly review and improve our site based on the information provided by our visitors.
- We utilize "cookies" throughout our site to improve your experience and to help us understand our visitors' needs. A "cookie" is a small text file that contains your anonymous information and is transferred onto your computer where it is stored, and then allows the website administrator to identify your computer and learn about how you use our web site. A "cookie" will not allow a web site to learn any personally identifiable information, like your name or address, that you otherwise would have disclosed. We use cookie information to identify and correct errors on our site and to determine the popularity of pages and to provide you with an excellent resource for VA loans on the internet.
- We collect other site usage information via Google Analytics and Google's DoubleClick cookie to serve ads over time based on a user's prior visits to our website. You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- We use FullStory.com to collect information regarding your use of our site, including pages visited, links clicked, non-sensitive text entered, and mouse movements, as well as information more commonly collected such as your IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system, cookie information, and Internet Service Provider. FullStory.com does not collect or store your interactions with any form inputs that could be used to personally identify you. Data is stored by FullStory.com for up to 60 days after your web session. You may opt out of this usage tracking by clicking here.
- California "Do Not Track" Disclosures: While some Internet browsers have the ability to specify privacy preferences to websites, including requests not to track your usage and browsing history, our websites do not currently respond to these signals and may continue track your activity on this website and use gathered information as provided in this policy.
How We Use Your Submitted Information.
As a result of submitting your telephone number and your request to receive more information on a loan, you will receive a call from a Home Loan Specialist. You may be contacted directly by phone, text and/or email as a result of your request, even if the number you supplied is on the National Do Not Call registry. If, however, after you have submitted your information to us, you no longer wish to be contacted at the phone number(s) provided, you may instruct us to place you on our internal "do not call" list by calling us at 1-800-884-5560.
You may choose what information to provide us. You may choose to withhold certain information, but this may affect your ability to use certain features of our website. We encourage consumers to disclose all pertinent information so we can provide a high level of customer service and offer the best products for you.
Federal and state laws require us to maintain certain loan qualification forms for set periods of time. In order to comply, we may be unable to delete certain information from our systems once you supply it to us. We make significant efforts to protect this information.
We may periodically send you complimentary materials including newsletters, commercial offers, instructional videos or other information if you choose to provide us an email address. By providing your email address or submitting a request for more information that includes your email address, you have opted to receive these materials from us. If you desire to stop receiving these materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific request.
For additional information on how we make use of the Personal Information you submit to us, please see our Consumer Privacy Notice.
How We Share Your Information.
We may be required to disclose certain personal information resulting from a properly served request from a federal or state law enforcement or other governmental agency as a result of a subpoena, court order, in order to exercise our legal rights, to protect our company or employees from threats or fraud, to protect us from legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. We may raise or waive any legal rights available to us. This information may also be disclosed in the event of a merger or sale of the company, an asset sale, or the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NON-PUBLIC PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW
Once you submit your information to us it may not be retracted. You will be contacted by a representative after you submit a request through our site or an affiliate site.
We may disclose any of the personal information that we collect from our customer or former customer to non-affiliated third party entities as permitted by federal and state law.
If you wish to prevent all websites from tracking your website usage data via FullStory.com, you may opt out by navigating to https://fullstory.com/optout and clicking "Opt out of FullStory." Opting out will create a cookie that tells FullStory.com to turn off recording. The presence of this cookie is required to continue opting out, so if you clear your browsing cookies, you will need to opt-out again.
We comply with all relevant state and federal laws regarding the safeguarding of your personal information. Maintaining the security of your information is a top priority for us, so please contact us with any questions or concerns that you have regarding this policy.
We restrict access to your stored non-public personal identifiable information to those employees that need to know this information in order to provide our services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations in order to guard your information against unauthorized access.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
This site is intended for individuals age 18 and older. Children under the age of 13 should not use this site, and are expressly prohibited from using our services.
Our Secure System Protects You
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. Nevertheless, no system can be completely secure, and you should not expect that your information will remain protected. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, human error, or a number of other factors may compromise the security of your information. As a consumer, you should always safeguard your personal information and protect yourself from potential identify fraud.
General Policy Provisions
Mortgage Research Center, LLC (Last Updated: July 25, 2017)
See also: Disclaimers
See also: Copyright